Since the establishment of the brand in 2005, ScrapCooking® offers innovative, quality products and provides consumers with products in compliance with EU regulations.
To comply with French and European regulations (art. 3 Reg.1935/2004/EC, Decree 2007/766 and Decree of 25/11/1992), Inbound silicone products in contact with food must pass a battery of tests:
the content of free volatile organic material (MOVL)
- la teneur en peroxydes the peroxide content
- la migration globale : acide acétique global migration: acetic acid
- la migration globale : éthanol global migration: ethanol
- les migrations globales répétées : huile d'olive global migration repeated: olive oil
- la migration spécifique des organoétains the specific migration of organotin
This is all the results of these tests will determine if the product meets the suitability requirements for food contact. In any case the result of an isolated test of others can give an indication of the quality and conformity.
For example, a mold can have a good test result MOVL but the content does not comply with the test content with peroxides or the test repeated the migration of olive oil, which are also factors determining product compliance. In this case, the mold is not in accordance with the suitability for food contact and should be banned from sale.
What are the criteria to recognize a good mold?
1 - The material
- silicone peroxide = harmful particles migrate into food from 160 ° C.
- silicone platinum = inert material that withstands very high temperatures. This material is more expensive, which is why some manufacturers use peroxides to offer molds at low prices.
The ScrapCooking® molds are 100% platinum silicone.
2- The cleaning
Final stage of the manufacture of the mold, it avoids the volatile organic compounds are found in your plate. For this, the mold must be heated to + 200 ° C for at least 4 hours. Delete this step significantly lowers the cost of production.
ScrapCooking ® warrants this step in the manufacturing process.
3 - The thickness
- A sufficiently thick mold guaranteed good use in time.
- In contrast, a finer mold, made with less raw material will be cheaper but will be both difficult to use (collapses under the weight of the dough) and very limited use.
ScrapCooking ® examines the ideal thickness for each model to ensure good cooking, good release and repeated use.
Other criteria should not be overlooked:
1 - The place of manufacture
It involves more labor and less expensive.
All ScrapCooking ® molds are manufactured in Europe.
2 - Quality control:
ScrapCooking® regularly conducts laboratory tests to monitor the quality of its production.
Some importers or manufacturers pass these controls to reduce costs.
3 - Creation:
Looking for original and innovative forms requires a development cost unlike copied forms (and yes, copies it is not in the industry!).
ScrapCooking® always has at heart to offer new and original forms.
Anyway, you have understood the price of a mold is due to the quality, reliability and ethics of the manufacturer. You can now make an informed choice!
At ScrapCooking® we prefer above all the quality and we have chosen a European partner to manufacture our silicone molds. Because we believe that we are all stakeholders in our future and we are pleased to offer you our wide a citizen and thoughtful consumption!